Rund um mein Austauschjahr

19.02.15

...about FOOD

Nii yesterday I picked up a package from my family at the post office. Inside of the package were at the one part some ski stuff for my upcoming trip to finland, but at the other part there were Brötchen inside. 
The thing is: IN ESTONIA THEY DON´T HAVE BRÖTCHEN. 
Elucidation for the estonians which don´t know what it is. The english word for it is bread roll or just roll. At home in germany we have bread rolls almost everyday. For me these rolls taste the best with butter, but actually you can put everything you want on it. Cheese, meat...or even Marshmallows or chocolate. In my hometown there is a bakery and from there you have the choice of around 15 (perhaps my family in germany will correct me but I think the number is right) sorts of rolls. For more informations about what this bread rolls...Wikipedia will tell you everything.
It was heaven for me to eat such a roll today again and the noise it makes when you crush it a bit. As you see/read I missed them.


And now for my german blog readers, maybe you ask yourself now...what does the estonians eat for breakfast if they don´t have bread rolls? 
They eat blackbread or porridge. And here they don´t have that many bakerys as we have in germany. So they buy everytime the same blackbread from the store. And they eat it like french people eat their baguette. I also have to say I´m not the big porridge fan. Some porridges are quite okay, but some estonians are going to make salty porride and eat it then with jam. Salty porridge with jam? No way!

Here are some more estonian eating attached habits: 
-you eat sour cream with everything and if I say everything then I mean everthing
-let´s make pizza and take for the tomato sauce Ketchup...it´s kind of the same, isn´t it?
-milk is like water for estonians, you drink milk even while eating fish
-do you ever heard about Kohuke? it´s probably the best food I ate here
-there is excisting a day (it was on wednesday) on wich you only eat this little cake with whipped cream
-kohupiim, kodujuust...KOwhatever
-a lot of meat...I have to say here are some vegetarian exchange students, but after some weeks/days they were meat lovers...this explains a lot
-cake drunk in milk
-a least what would be estonia without potatoes?



Grace










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen